STARS PROGRAMS ARE BASED ON OUR BELIEF THAT:
- The focus of attention is on the whole child. The child’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development are equally important.
- The family is the strongest influence in the child’s growth and development. We value and support families as they create ways of living, growing, and nurturing each other.
- Each child develops at their own pace through developmental stages. Young children learn by doing through experimentation and discovery, using all of their senses.
- The development and preservation of each child’s self-esteem affect their entire life.
- Each child is valued through nurturing support and recognition with respect to individual differences.
- Modeling and encouraging positive social skills at an early age will contribute to a child’s future school success.
STARS Early Learning Academy provides quality, licensed, experienced, and educational child care in Cologne, MN. We offer a safe, nurturing, caring environment using developmentally appropriate practices that help your child thrive. We believe children’s early experiences should be educational, fun, and enriching. STARS Early Learning Academy is more than a day care.
Our experienced and dedicated staff come together to form a community of diverse and knowledgeable team members to help foster a sense of creativity and positive self-esteem in all of the children in our care.
We believe that play is a child’s work! We honor that work each day by providing children with opportunities for learning through hands-on, discovery-based activities. We believe that each child has the capacity to achieve unlimited social and academic success when her/his natural interests and abilities are cultivated by nurturing and skilled teachers. Each day we strive to utilize the best of who we are to support each child’s learning and growing experience.
One of the greatest indicators of school-age success is emotional intelligence. Much of school readiness is measured by “how well we manage ourselves and how well we get along with others.”
Some of the best indicators of later school competence and lifelong happiness are:
- Ability to make friends
- Getting along with peers
- Communicating well
- Respecting the rights of others
- Relating to others without being too overbearing or too submissive
- Able to give and receive support
- Treating others as one would like to be treated